From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:51:56 -0500
Subject: RE: October base line is now available
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:24:00 +0000
From: Bertuca, David <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

The maps in the cartoon look just like many that we have at UB. some
have definitely traveled a bit. Sometimes it's hard to figure out whose
map it is with all the stamps on them... never considered the "passport"
stamp idea; that's a neat thought. Do like the adoption concept. We love
the maps we can obtain for our patrons and they are very glad when we
can pull almost any map out of the drawer.

As for the Peters map... it's a love/hate thing depending on who you
ask. There are reasons people like it or don't. the best I can say is to
tell people to read up on the pros and cons about this and other
projections and make an educated decision when using them. For a general
World map, I'm a Robinson fan myself (but I don't drink coffee, though I
love the Beatles)...

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian
225 Capen Hall University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-1672
716-645-1332 / 716-645-3710 (fax)

Liaison to the Geography Department for GIS and Physical Geography