From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:43:52 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Fairbanks WAML Conference
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005
From: John D Kawula <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Cross posted to increase readership:

This is a friendly reminder to send in registration forms soon if you
would like to attend the WAML conference in September in Fairbanks.

Yes, I know it is expensive but to compensate we have a highly unique and
dynamic offering: an emphasis on northern latitude cartography, physical
and cultural, historical and state of the art digital; a tour of a muskox
and caribou research facility; train ride through what should be prime
fall follage; meeting session in a brand new science center inside a
scenic national park; and scenic wildlife oriented bus trip that gives
people the option of hiking off trail through sub-arctic tundra. As an
added bonus September is often a good month for northern lights.

Thus far I have received only three registration forms and checks. I know
from personal e-mails that more are on the way.

The train requires full  payment and a list of names 45 days in advance.
That is why I should have forms in my possession July 22 (next Friday).

Thanks and hope to see all of you then.

John Kawula
Government Documents and Maps Librarian
University of Alaska Fairbanks