From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:08:28 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: unincorporated maps
Date:   Tue, 15 Nov 2005
From:   [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

I thought of this myself but I rejected it as a possibility, since he said he already had MCD's, and I figured if he had MCD's, he had TIGER, and thereby the unincorporated CDP's, as well as the unincorporated MCD's.

I would think a truly exhaustive answer to this question is impossible.  Does he want every town name that has local meaning?  (Things like Mechanicsville (a neighborhood of Knox County, TN)?   Every defunct town (whose borders may have changed over the years) but no longer has legal status?  (I'm not sure if Mechanicsville was ever in that category or has always been a neighborhood.  Maybe Grover's Mill, NJ is a better example as a town name with local meaning...)  Every neighborhood association with a restrictive covenant/elected committee members/bylaws?  Every trailer park in the USGS "populated places" layer (just a table, not GIS)...every trailer park not in that file?

Joe McCollum
FIA
Knoxville, TN