From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:13:14 -0500
Subject:        Raster climate data sources for Japan
Date:   Wed, 16 Sep 2009 14:00:46 -0700
From:   Hughes, Tracey <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Map-L Folks,

I am working with a UCSD researcher in ecology/biology who is looking
for raster-based/gridded climate data (specifically precipitation and
surface temperature) for Japan, preferably at a resolution of 10x10 km.
So far we’ve identified two good sources, but with a coarser resolution
than he is hoping for. The sources we’ve identified are:
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/ecosys/ged.shtml and
http://www.grid.unep.ch/data/data.php?categoryp. If anyone has other
sources to recommend we would welcome them!

Thank you in advance,

Tracey Hughes

GIS Coordinator

Social Sciences & Humanities Library