From:
DEBBIE LORDS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1993 16:49:03 EDT
Related to our discussion of GIS and Librarianship I want to share a plan.  I
am one of the women selected to attend the George Washington University
Windows of Opportunity Symposium for Women in Computing on May 22-23.

One hundred graduate women and one hundred undergraduate women were selected
from across the country and funded by the National Science Foundation to get
together and share their research.  The students had to be from Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Science programs.

I will keep an eye out for any research related to spatial information,
storage, retrieval, issues, etc. and report here when I get back.  If any
other Maps-L women will be attending this Symposium, please let me know by
private mail.

Debbie
Marriott Library
University of Utah