From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:35:50 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:17:15 -0700
From: David Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map Scanners
Sender: David Lundquist <[log in to unmask]>

To:  Maps-L'ers

Our library has just recently contracted with a new copy service provider
and one of the new machines/services we will be able to provide to the
public will be coin/copy card operated scanning.  The machine that is being
provided is a Ricoh Aficio 1035 or 1045, not sure which.  I'm operating off
of the info sheet handed to me this morning.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these scanner models?  If so,
does it require much by way of assistance/intervention to be able to use?
It's going to be in a public area and available whenever the library is open
and we've never provided this service so I'm a little apprehensive.  Any
assistance or information will be greatly appreciated.

David Lundquist
Map Librarian
Shields Library
Univ. of Calif., Davis