From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:42:26 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
TO: Maps-L
FRO: Angie
DA: thursday, July 28, 2005

Just out of curiousity - how many map librarians have had to handle
litigation dealing with inaccurate maps? I've never heard of such a
thing ever actually happening.  I can understand our willingness to
stamp maps to protect the producer (the Govt.) and in order to ensure
that we continue to get free maps - but I've never heard of the library
or librarians themselves ever being held liable.

-a-

ANGIE COPE
American Geographical Society Library
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414) 229-6282
(800) 558-8993 (US TOLL FREE)
(414) 229-3624 (FAX)

Map Librarian, MAPS-L Moderator
http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/welcome_to_mapsl%20forum.html

MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L