From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martha Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:31:54 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:53:24 -0700
From: Martha Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Public domain Latin America & Carib map wanted

Dear fellow librarians --

I have lurked on this list with interest for some months. Now I find
myself with what I thought would be a relatively easy request. After 45
min on the Internet I decided to turn to the experts!

Can anyone direct me to a source of very basic (artwork, rather than
cartographic quality) public domain map of Central (inc. Mexico) and
South America, including the Caribbean. This is for use as part of an
article, not for GIS purposes. Technical criteria are 300 dpi in .tif,
.gif or .jpg format. In the best of all worlds, this would not be an
outline map, but rather a full color, three-dimensional representation
of the region. A satellite image might also work.

Thanks!

Martha Gorman
Black & Gorman LLC
303 494 4488