From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:38:36 -0400
Subject: Re: recent USGS shipments]
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:55:35 -0400
From: markt <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I've gotten those big flat boxes when I ordered hundreds of topos to
fill gaps
in our collection, but haven't gotten this depository shipment yet
(maybe
today). Yesterday we got a regular triangular tube for 2003-13-TQ which
included the green "pick sheet" showing just the dozen or two maps in
the tube
as well as the traditional shipping list listing close to 200 sheets and
with a
separate note about a "malfunction" in their program that will cause the
remainder of the shipment to come in another box (I assume it will be
the big
flat box others mentioned). They say do not claim anything for x number
of
weeks (I don't have note with me now) to give all boxes time to arrive.

Still, on shipping list 12-TQ there were some quads on the white
shipping list
not on the green packing slip.  We ended up sending a claim after a
couple of
weeks (once again, no indicate of "1 of 2" or "1 of 1"), as did other
people.
This isn't yet resolves.

--Mark Thomas