From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:36:47 -0500
forwarded from Govdocs-L

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        help save The Library of Michigan
Date:   Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:45:08 -0400
From:   Reik, Connie <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

It's been in the news, The Library of Michigan is in danger of being
moved out of its lovely home and having its collections dispersed.  The
regional depository collection is one of its many collections.

The genealogists (of which I am one) are trying to get 10,000 names on
an online petition.  Please join me in signing it.  It is available at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/RPAC2009/petition.html  Please share with
other individuals and groups.  We need about 5,000 more signatures by
October 1st.

More information can be found at the Michigan Genealogical Council's
website: http://mimgc.org/LOM.html

Thank you!

Connie Reik

Genealogists can be and are the best users of our historical
collections!

Connie Reik, M.S.L, M.A

Government Publications Coordinator

Reference Librarian for History, Political Science/IR, Economics,
Anthropology and Sociology

Tisch Library

35 Professors Row

Medford, MA  02155