From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:24:34 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:00:24 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The educated traveller, researching the art, literature and
history of Italy
Sender: [log in to unmask]

Dear mapsters,

"The educated traveller" for Italy is the first of a series of clases,
available free, in our new South Court building. These classes will explore
the many resources available here at the Library to make your travels
enriching and fun.
Whether you are planning a trip now, or just hoping to learn more about
Italy, you will find plenty to enjoy.

This series of classes is being offered by the staff of the General
Research Division, Room 315.

The "Italy" class will be tomorow, Tuesday June 18th,  in the Celeste
Bartos Education Center, Classroom B from 1:15-2:15, off the Astor Lobby of
the Humanities and Social Sciences Library, NYPL, 5th Avenue & 42nd Street.

Limited to 15 participants, seats are available on a first come, first
served basis. No reservations necessary. For more information email us at

Many other classes will be offered in this new facility. Email us at the
training @nypl.org address, if you wish to be notified about these learning
opportunities.

Matt Knutzen will be offering a class on doing map research here at NYPL,
and we are developing a class on maps as genealogical resources. Watch this
page for further notices...

And apologies for the late notice on the Italy class. It is the first of
many, no doubt.

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask]; 212-930-0589; fax 212-930-0027

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html

--- End Forwarded Message ---