From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:51:41 -0400
Subject:        Bowen Free Digital Workshop at MAPS/SEPA: Schedule
Date:   Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:38:01 -0500
From:   Jeff Bowen <[log in to unmask]>

I am not sure if this made it through when I posted it awhile back.

Please respond to me directly if you plan to attend so I can figure a
head count for the class.

JB

Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2004 8:43 AM

The schedule is set for our participation in MAPS-SEPA Richmond. Due to
a heavy project load I will only be able to attend on Thursday PM,
Friday all day, and Sat AM early.

MAPS-SEPA have been gracious to allow me two times to speak.

Bowen Non-sales Workshop Friday 1:30-2:30
"Digital Video and Graphics for Planetaria and Exhibits"
As we are heading into an era in which all visual media in the
planetarium will be digital, attendees will learn what are current and
forthcoming visual file formats and production methodologies. What is
MPEG...DVI...when do you import an avi or mov? What are SD files...is
16:9 HD? Why is editing MPEG a bad idea? How do you archive and access
digital files? What formats will soon be obsolete and which new ones
will stay? Which of the new DVD formats will stick around? Jeff Bowen
will share his extensive experience in producing award-winning digital
media for education, planetariums, exhibits and broadcast.

A worksheet/booklet and free gift will be provided.

and..................

Bowen Member/Paper Session Friday 9:15-9:30.
"Bowen Productions becomes Bowen Technovation"
Bowen Productions of Indianapolis celebrates our 19th anniversary with a
new name as well as with a new set of capabilities.

Effective May 1, 2004 the new Bowen Technovation naming and company
structure will better illustrate focus on developing new directions in
design, creation, manufacturing, programming and project management of
technologies for domed theaters and interactive exhibits. Jeff Bowen
will discuss the new developments with attendees including our new
relationships with architects on a national level.

Bowen Non-sales Workshop Friday 1:30-2:30
"Digital Video and Graphics for Planetaria and Exhibits"
As we are heading into an era in which all visual media in the
planetarium will be digital, attendees will learn what are current and
forthcoming visual file formats and production methodologies. What is
MPEG...DVI...when do you import an avi or mov? What are SD files...is
16:9 HD? Why is editing MPEG a bad idea? How do you archive and access
digital files? What formats will soon be obsolete and which new ones
will stay? Which of the new DVD formats will stick around? Jeff Bowen
will share his extensive experience in producing award-winning digital
media for education, planetariums, exhibits and broadcast. A worksheet
will be provided.

Mark Trotter
Bowen Technovation
A d/b/a of Bowen Productions, Inc.