From:
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:08:20 -0400
Subject: De-classified CIA photographs of China
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 11:08:59 +0100
From: Tinho da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Dear colleagues,
I've had the following request from one of our academics and it has left me
flummoxed. Can anyone give me any indication of where I might find
information as to the whereabouts of any such photos?

"What I'm after is old c. 1930s-40s (or any period before 1980) US
military aerial photographs of Lake Erhai and its 2785 km2 catchment
area (main points of interest to the west and to the north of the lake).
The exact coordinates of the Lake are N 25 50; E 100 11 Yunnan province,
SW China. My understanding is that these photos are now declassified CIA
photographs. I know that they exist for the area, because one such
photograph was reproduced in...

Wiens H J 1967 Han Chinese Expansion in South China, A revised edition
of his earlier China's March toward the Tropics, The Shoe String press.

The publishing company have no idea of the source and I have failed to
establish contact with the original author so any help in
finding this source would be very much appreciated."

Many thanks
Tinho da Cruz
--
Antonio da Cruz (Tinho)               [log in to unmask]
Map Curator, Department of Geography, Roxby Building

See the British Archaeological Association web page
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/baa