From:
Stephen Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1993 17:13:32 EST
I have a client who is looking for a set of Pictomaps of the Awash area in
Ethiopia.  She believes they were produced around 1965 by the U.S. Army
Topographic Command in cooperation with the Ethiopian government.  Her best
recollection is that they are at 1:50,000 scale.  A stock number or series
number on the maps would appear like this:  Y825X 7243 III SE, Y825X 7243 III
NE, Y825X 7243 II NW, thru Y825X 7342 I SW.  The entire set covering the
Awash area is approximately 24 sheets.  Our client has worked in Ethiopia and
used this map set while there.  She has contacted Ethiopian government
sources with no success.  Please contact me directly if you know of a source
where these maps may be obtained or simply housed with limited access.

Steve Weiss
Utah State University Library
Logan, Utah  84322-3000
FAX 801-750-2677