From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:26:30 -0600
Subject: Re: Q about Map Library staffing
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:18:47 -0800
From: Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Rob,

Two years ago I did a surveymonkey survey getting at a similar issue. I
have attached two summary PDFs. One of the responses of Academic
Libraries with 200,000 - 300,000 maps and aerial photographs and one
with collection >300,000.

Feel free to contact me if you want to find out more details of the
survey. In general, the larger the collection, the less likely it is to
be available when there is no assistance in the collection.

Also, I can run various filters by response if you like.

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian
Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051