From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan Dreger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 14:07:41 -0400
Hi,

I don't remember seeing this posted and I thought people might be interested...

NASA put out an interesting children's book called The Adventure of Echo
the Bat

 From the website (http://imagers.gsfc.nasa.gov/k-4/):
"After a long awaited release, Echo the Bat is now available in print. The
goal of this book is to introduce remote sensing to our youngest future
scientists. The book retells the story of Echo to children ages 5 - 9 (but
I have been told some older folks have secretly read the book). When Echo
launches his adventure, he is followed by a satellite. Landsat images of
the five habitats Echo travels provides a backdrop for the adventure. The
text emphasizes shape, pattern, and texture and refers to the many flaps in
the images. When the flaps are lifted, pictures of the land features are
displayed underneath. "

It was distributed to depository libraries with SuDocs # NAS
1.19:2000-08-011-HQ.

Megan

Megan Dreger
Head, Government Publications & Maps