From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:43:08 -0600
Subject:        Re: raised relief maps
Date:   Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:29:39 -0600
From:   Youngblood, Dawn <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Julie mentions that some had become brittle.  I have found that on the
pre-1960 ones at least, long term exposure to light is the culprit.  I
found some still in the original box and packing material.  These were
like new.  Ones left on the top of a cabinet before I rescued them were
brittle.  Alas, Mount Fuji did not fare well at all.

Dawn Youngblood

Dr. Dawn Youngblood
Curator, Edwin J. Foscue Map Library
Southern Methodist University