From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:40:42 -0600
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Doug Bohnenblust" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:15:25 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: 'Lack of interest by historians in maps'

I've been reading the posts on this topic and I'm fascinated because I've seen the power of maps as related to history since I was a student.

My back ground is that I have a Bachelors in History. I've worked at a number of historic site around the U.S. One of my favorite wall decorations are reproductions of historic maps. I have a Masters in Information Systems. The day that I was introduced to GIS I was struck by the power of this tool to a number of historic applications.

I'm so taken with these ideas I'm currently looking for a PhD program where I can merge GIS (and of geography), maps, history and information management. I want to get out in the academic world and share these ideas with the next generation and maybe become evangelical about these topics.

Thank you for allowing me to share these thoughts.
-Doug

Doug Bohnenblust