From:
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:20:27 -0500
From: "Tom" <[log in to unmask]>

I am teaching Physical Geology to a student who is totally blind.  As
far as maps are concerned, we have the 3D maps which she will be
able to feel.  I am interested in supporting material for other aspects
of Physical Geology like mountains and volcanoes.  We have the
text on tape.  Are there any people out there who, through their
connection with maps, also have had connections to teachers of
Physical Geology who have dealt with this challenge.  The student is
smart and motivated.

Dr. Tom Hanley, Department of Chemistry and Geology, Columbus
State U.,
4225 University Ave., Columbus, Georgia 31907-5645.
Links to the ACRES project and to 1998 and 1999 pictures I took in
Panama may be found at:
http://chemgeo.ColState.edu/th_hp.htm
VOX: 706-568-2075; FAX: 706-569-3133.