From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:34:10 -0600
Subject:        RE: Inquiry from government documents librarian about
classification systems used for USGS 7.5 minute topographic maps
Date:   Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:02:15 -0500
From:   Sarjeant, Bruce C <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

We actually classify ours by SuDoc (and then alphabetically within the call number).  I don't know if the link will work:
<http://voyager.nmu.edu/vwebv/holdingsInfo?searchId=484&recCount=50&recPointer=4&bibId=615437>

The call number of this particular map is  I 19.81:Michigan/Big Bay/1985

We are a small library, though.  We only have 7.5's for Michigan and Wisconsin.

Bruce Sarjeant
Reference/Documents & Maps Librarian
Lydia M. Olson Library
Northern Michigan University