From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Cruse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:08:47 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:21:42 -0800
From: Larry Cruse <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: cataloging records for internet atlases
Sender: Larry Cruse <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

i was just adding links to our cataloging records for the 4th and 5th
editions of the National Atlas of Canada.
http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/archives/4th_edition/index.html
http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/archives/5th_edition/index.html

 is there a standard MARC record for the current online version, the
"Atlas of Canada" at http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/index.html

would someone send me copy?

also, if anyone is systematically cataloging other atlases of this type
into one of the cataloging utilities, would you tell me what standards
you're using? if it's just brief records, that would interest me, too.

this is by way of trying to create a pool of MARC records for the
virtual atlases on the net.

Thanks.

Larry Cruse
UCSD