From:
Pat Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 22:32:58 EST
The USGS has a digital file format DLG (Digital Line Graph) the map entities
are assigned an attribute code both major and minor.  My question is there a
color convention or practice for the DLG Attributes, or is there a
Cartographic convention or standard that colors things like streams, rivers,
roads, trails, political boundaries, administrative boundaries, The list
goes on and on.

Why I am asking is that I am assisting the development of a DLG to DXF
converter. the DXF format will allow the DLG files to be imported into many
graphic programs and CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) Programs.  The attributes
will be assigned layers, so they can easily be color coded.  The software
will also be available as shareware.

My E-Mail is [log in to unmask]

Any reference, tip, or other assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pat Harman
Eagle River, Alaska