From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:57:39 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:28:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: INSIDE Idaho web site ready for testing
Sender: Lily Wai <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Hello, All:

        http://inside.uidaho.edu

Our INSIDE Idaho project has moved into the testing stage.  We are ready
to test this geospatial and numeric data site funded last year by a
Congressional Appropriations grant.  We expect to complete the project by
the end of this year.  You are selected to be a small core group of people
to help us with the testing.  Please take a look at this site, and send in
your input and comments to me before March 23rd.  We would like to know
what your experience is in navigating through the various pages on the
site.  Your input would be taken seriously in our next project phase in
refining the site.  Points for you to comment on, e.g.:

1. Interface functionality -- ease of navigation?!

2. Terms used -- self-explainatory?!

3. Contents -- what else to include (we intend to include the core geodata
sets, such as DEMs, DOQs, and Tiger data besides the DRGs that is
available now, and more maps would be availabe on the Atlas site; the
Interactive Mapping site is still being developed.)

4. Speed -- download a quad to see how long it takes from your library or
via a modem from home, etc.

5. Any obvious mistakes, typos, etc.

Thanks for your cooperation.  Lily

Lily Wai                                Phone: 208-885-6344
Head of Government Documents            Fax:   208-885-6817
University of Idaho Library (0135)      E-Mail:[log in to unmask]
Moscow, ID 83844-2353                   http://www.lib.uidaho.edu/govdoc

--- End Forwarded Message ---