From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:22:30 -0400
Subject: simple map of Germany 1618-1648
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:58:11 -0600
From: Katie Lage <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I have a patron looking for a map of Germany showing administrative
boundaries between 1618 and 1648. I've copied in her request below. She and
I have looked at numerous historical atlases, the CU Boulder collection, and
on the web with no luck. Does anyone know of a map or GIS dataset like this?

"I'm looking for a simplified color map of Germany 1618/1648 (probably in a
historical atlas) that I can use as an overhead during a talk.  Important
would be that one could easily delineate the duchy of Bavaria and the Upper
and Lower Palatinate (the first right above Bavaria and the second around
Heidelberg).  The Upper and Lower should be the same color (the Upper merges
with Bavaria in this period, but I want people to be able to see the
"before" map)."

Thank you!
-Katie

Katie Lage
Map Librarian
University of Colorado at Boulder
Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences & Map Library
184 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
Phone: 303-735-4917 FAX: 303-735-4879
http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/map/