From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:15:50 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:57:08 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: First Digital Three-D Map of the World
Sender: [log in to unmask]

We've followed up on the latest accomplishments of the Space Shuttle Endeavour
with some first glances at imagery and an explanation of the mission and the
problems encountered with the thruster.

Feb. 14, (10:30 PM EST)- Spatialnews.com is pleased to announce that our
Exclusive - "A
Sneak Peek at the First Digital Three-D Map of the World" is now available for
viewing.
http://www.spatialnews.com/features/shuttle/

We have reports from our space correspondent with details on the malfunctioning
thruster. While the troubleshooting of the
thruster goes on the mapping of the world continues.  By the third day of the
mission the amount of the world mapped
in three dimensions had tripled. The world map won't be available for another
two years but there are a few 'sneak peek' images.

Regards
Glenn Letham, editor
SpatialNews.com & The GeoCommunity
www.SpatialNews.com