From:
fred schaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 15:40:20 EDT
Rich,
        As a resident of PA and one of their many townships, I took it as a
challenge to find information on PA townships. It was quite an effort but,
at <http://govinfo.kerr.orst.edu/cgi-bin/imagemap/cffrusa?481,183> from
Oregon State Univ, I found a "scroll" of all of the PA townships which would
give you name and total count if you wade through the entire scroll. Since,
on the previous Internet "page" there was a map of all 50 states and I chose
PA, I assume that the same list is available for NY townships.
        I'm sending this as a "reply" to the MAPS-L address from which it
came. I'll also forward it to your address written with your name.
                Fred Schaff, <[log in to unmask]>, Spring Grove, PA, 17362