From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:33:28 -0500
=================================
MAPS-L     MAPS-L    MAPS-L
=================================

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:57:04 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject:  1:50k coverage of the Islands of Sumatra?

Greetings, Map Folk!

I've got a researcher who is working on the Sumatra Subduction zone, the
site of two recent earthquakes you've probably heard of.  He needs some
topo maps that I don't have, and I wonder if anybody else out there does
have them?  They're 1:50,000 coverage of two different islands, Nias and
Simeuleu.  I've got indexes that indicate that the maps have been
published (I've even seen one!), but I don't have any of the others.

Does anybody?  I've already harrassed the map librarians in the UC
system and at Stanford, so I'm trying to :

Kabupaten Nias, all sheets on 0517, 0616, and 0617
Kabupaten Simeulue, all sheets on 0418 and 0518

I've located 1:250,000, which isn't as detailed as he'd like, but I'm
wondering if there's anybody out there in MapLand who has these?

Thank you so much!

Jim O'Donnell
Head, Collections, Information & Research Services
and
Geological & Planetary Sciences Librarian
Caltech Library System

----- End forwarded message -----