From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Wassertzug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:28:55 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:26:48 -0500 (EST)
From: Deborah Wassertzug <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map Cataloging query from Columbia University

Columbia University has a large uncataloged map collection. It dates
back to 1912 and falls into four broad groups:  United States Depository
Maps; Canadian Depository Maps; Geological Sciences Collection Series;
and General State, National, and International Map Series.  We are
beginning to explore options for providing bibliographic access to
this collection.

We are interested in speaking to anyone who has undertaken a large map
cataloging project either at the individual or set level. We would like
to hear about experiences with outsourcing a large map cataloging project.
We are also interested in experiences with MARCIVE tape loads for
government document maps or maps sets.

If you have recently completed or undertaken a map cataloging project
and are willing to share your experience via a telephone or email
discussion, please email Mary Beth Kendrick at [log in to unmask]

(Please do not respond directly to the list as I am not subscribed so
we not see your responses.)  Thank you.  MBK

Mary Beth Kendrick                              email: [log in to unmask]
Reference Librarian                             phone: 212-854-5272
Lehman Library
Columbia University

--- End Forwarded Message ---