From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 12:07:03 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
>Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:43:07 -0700
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Silk AAF map

Dear map-l'ers,

One of our patrons has generously loaned us a silk AAF map of China. These
are the maps that military pilots used to carry. Can anyone point me toward
some resources on the history of these type of maps?

We are also interested in trying to mount the map permanently for the patron
and were trying to locate some preservation services in the central CA area
to get some pricing. Does anyone know of some companies that do this type of
work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Crystal Chisholm

(408)656-2344