From:
Stephen Littrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 15:55:18 EDT
The URL refers to the Web page put up by the General Libraries' Map
Collection at the University of Texas at Austin.  The url is:
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/Map_collection.html

We started out by scanning CIA maps but have subsequently added
copyright-free maps from other sources.  We're about to add a new section
dealing with USDA Soil Surveys (no, we're not scanning them.)

And while I'm at it, I'm thinking of adding a section to the Electronic
Cartographic Reference Resources page which would link to other map
collection home pages.  Standard search engines (Lycos, Yahoo, etc.)
searches don't produce too many hits.  If you're interested in having your
map collection's home page placed on such a directory send me the URL.
Thanks.
Stephen

Can we all have a peek at what this CIA URL is?

Thanks...

T. Edwards