From:
Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 14:35:35 EDT
Folks,

A marketing student just asked for a map showing chocolate consumption in
the U.S.  He's doing a market study and wants to find out where the most
chocolate is consumed.  We looked in Attitudes and Latitudes but surprisingly
there is no chocolate map.  Eventually Government Documents came up with
statistics on chocolate sales, from the Census of Retail Trade or something.

Anyway, still we need a chocolate map.  No, not a map made of chocolate, J.B.,
a map showing the distribution of chocolate consumption.  I know a few map
librarians who might be embarrassed to see such a map because it would show
the highest chloropleth value on their house (sorry, but its Friday afternoon).
Anyone know of such a map?  Wanna make one?

Jim Coombs
Map Librarian
Southwest Missouri State University