From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:39:45 -0500
Subject: RE:      weight of map cases]]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:33:16 -0500
From: Weessies, Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
When I was looking into this several months ago I found wildly different
numbers from two sources.  I wouldn't take any one number as gospel.  I
received an email in reply to my request last May from a cartographer in
California who said he put 80 USGS 7.5' topos on a scale and he got just
over 6 pounds. He notes that the older quads were printed on thicker
paper and his 80 sheets were a mixture of old & new.

Kathleen Weessies
Maps/GIS Librarian
Michigan State University