From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 09:50:54 EST
2 messages-----------------------------Johnnie

-------------------------------------

>Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:17:14 -1000
>From: Riley Moffat <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  Query on obsolete USGS topos -Reply

Aloha Ken:

To get a number count of 'obsolete' USGS topo series and to see their
spatial arrangement and location you may want to consult WAML
Occasional Paper #10, "Map Index to Topographic Quadrangles of the
United States, 1882-1940".

Riley Moffat

>Date:   Mon, 18 Mar 1996 13:24:03 -1000
>From:   Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Query on obsolete USGS topos

Greetings,
Regarding Ken Rockwell's inquiry, I don't have the statistics, but
perhaps the following two publications may be of some help in
providing that information.  At the very least, the books may serve
as a checklist and will give you an idea of how complex your
retro-conversion/reclass project will be!

     Map index to topographic quadrangles of the United States,
     1882-1940, by Riley Moore Moffat. c1985 (WAML Occasional
     Paper; no.10).

     A cartobibliography of seperately published U.S. Geological
     Survey special maps and river surveys, by Peter L. Stark.
     c1990 (WAML Occasional Paper; no.12).

Aloha,
Ross Togashi
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Hamilton Library - Map Collection           mmm...quadrangles