Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:35:19 EDT
I am not sure about a Silicon Valley in Europe, but there is certainly
a Silicon Glen. This is usually considered to cover the same area
as the Central Belt of Scotland, or from the IBM plant in Ayrshire,
through such companies as Chungwa Picture Tubes at EuroCentral (Motherwell),
Liteon (I think that is correct) also near Motherwell, Sun Microsystems
in Linlithgow, Hewlett Packard at South Queensferry, DEC, Motorola, etc
in Livingston, Ferranti and GEC Marconi in Edinburgh, Daewoo in Dunfermline
and AT&T (used to be NCR - largest Autoteller maker in the world) in
Dundee.

regards

Tim Rideout
Bartholomew