Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 1994 09:18:21 EDT
A reader here has acquired many German pre-invasion intelligence maps of
Russia. These are maps of the Russian front, ca. 1940-41, published by the
Intelligence Division, Germany-Generalstab des Heeres. The maps are in many
segments, oblong, and have text, biblband, sttreetmaps, directories. Topicla
maps include weather, water, power, commercial themes. He lacks the inhalts so
he doesn't know the total possible contents. The maps are in 3' by 3' wooden?
cartons.  I believe the first few words of the titles are Militargeographische
Angaben...Europaisches Russland or des Asiatische Russland...

Apologies for stream of consciousness version of this, and misspellings. I am
typing this from raw telephone notes.

Any ideas anyone? As to a complete contents list? How many of these were
printed and distributed (apparently to the troops on the Russian front, or
just to the strategists?)

many thanks, in advance for your input and information on this.

Alice Hudson
Map division, NYPL