From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:18:19 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:05:00 -0600
From: Ken Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: U.S. Coast Survey maps: how to obtain?
Sender: Ken Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>

I'm interested in purchasing selected U.S. Coast Survey maps for the Map Collection here at the University of Utah's Marriott Library (we don't need them all, as would occur with depository).  But I'm running into roadblocks.  My Gov.Docs colleague tells me he can't purchase them because the marketing has been outsourced to individual dealers in the private sector.  There is a local dealer who is supposed to be doing this, but efforts to contact him have been fruitless--no reply.  Either it was a fly-by-night operation or he doesn't want to hassle with these non-moneymakers!
  So I'm wondering if others have had more success with the private dealers, and if any of the latter would be willing to fetch these items for an isolated collection far from the sea.  Maybe even one of the big commercial vendors like MapLink and Omni would be willing to do this for me; but I haven't seen these maps in their online catalogs.
  Thanks in advance for any help and leads...

--Ken Rockwell
--- End Forwarded Message ---