From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:24:54 -0400
Subject: Giovanni Leardo's 1452 mappamundi held at the AGSL
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:16:05 -0500
From: Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Greetings all,

Recently one of our students scanned a facsimile of our 1452 Leardo map
and added information otherwise only available in a brochure.  The text
helps explain a few of the features depicted on this unique world map.
If you're interested in seeing the image, please feel free to take a
look here:

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/leardo_full_screen.html

You can further click on the various letters for a "zoomed-in" view.

Enjoy!

ANGELA R. COPE, Academic Map Librarian
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries