Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:06:27 -0500
Subject: maps on mugs, stationery from NYPL
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:39:59 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Dear mapsters,

I have just learned that one can order maps from NYPL's digital gallery
placed on mugs, and cards. Pre-matted and framed maps are available, but I
knew that, and posted that ages ago.  While we might have neat stuff, it
does make me wonder what other libraries, museums have similar offerings
which might be of interest to mapnerds and cartophiliacs around the world.

I am thinking of nonprofit library and museum products, just to limit my
enquiry and your responses!!

I am going to do a little bit of investigating some more NYC museum sites,
and will post info if and when I come up with more good stuff, map-wise.

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgprints_purchasing.cfm

Above is the url for these items from NYPL. Type in your hometown or home
state or nation at the upper right and see if anything comes up. Note: I
typed in Manhattan, and got a lot of NYC, natch, but also Manhattan,
Kansas! Who knew?

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, The Lionel Pincus & Princess Firyal Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask];  212-930-0589;   fax 212-930-0027

Hours: Open 1-7:30 Tu; 1-6 Wed-Sat.    Closed Sun, Mon.

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html