From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:54:58 -0600
Subject:        Re: Use of Google Earth to visualize data
Date:   Wed, 26 Nov 2008 06:26:08 -0800
From:   Mano Marks <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

As long as were listing resources:
The Google Maps API for Flash will load shp files directly:
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/flash/

Other applications that do data conversion:
KML2KML http://kml2kml.geoblogspot.com/

Arc2Earth:
http://www.arc2earth.com/

Google Earth Pro, which has free academic licenses. I'm not fond,
however, of the way that Pro does data conversion.

Shp2kml:
http://www.zonums.com/shp2kml.html (free!)

You could also use the open source GDAL and OGR to do data conversion,
but it is a lot less intuitive:
http://gdal.org

Mano

Also, the latest versions of ESRI software support KML export