From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:00:41 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:56:34 -0600
From: Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Tactile maps for blind and visually impaired students <fwd>
Sender: Mary Galneder <[log in to unmask]>

The National Library Service for the Blind and Physically
Handicapped, Library of Congress, published:

International directory of tactile map collections.  1985.
(ISBN 0-8444-0506-X)

Tactile maps, a listing of maps in the National Library
Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped Collection.
1987.  (Supt. of Docs. no.:  LC 19.2: Til; ISBN
0-8444-0549-3).

(For each map listed, a variety of information was given
including title, cartographer, place and date of
publication, scale and size of map, and type of map and
features shown. Many of the maps listed were published by
the Howe Press of the Perkins School for the Blind,
Watertown, Massachusetts, in 1938.)

Maps listed in the catalog were available on loan under
certain conditions at that time; the address was:  Customer
Relations Section, National Library Service for the Blind
and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress, Washington,
DC. You might want to look at the Library of Congress
website (http://www.loc.gov) for current information.

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:12:10 -0500
 Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [...]

Mary Galneder, Map Librarian
Robinson Map Library
310 Science Hall
University of Wisconsin