From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:01:38 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Subject: Info about use of TPCs as base maps?
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005
From: Kathryn Lage <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

I have a patron looking for information about the use of TPCs as base maps
in cartography. Her question is below. Any suggestions on where to research
this would be much appreciated!

"I'm trying to find information on whether tactical pilotage charts might be
commonly used by commercial/tourist map makers as a base for their maps.  In
particular, I'm trying to trace the lineage of a feature (an extension of
the Kashmiri line of control that wasn't based on the relevant treaty text)
printed on a 1967 TPC that showed up in tourist/trekking maps in the late
1970s."

-Katie

Katie Lage
Map Librarian
University of Colorado at Boulder
Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences & Map Library
184 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309
Phone: 303-735-4917 FAX: 303-735-4879
http://ucblibraries.colorado.edu/map/