From:
Marsha L Selmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 1995 12:28:04 EST
Dear Colleagues:

Mary Fortney, Map Librarian, Northwestern University Library, will retire
from her position on March 16.  During her career, Mary has contributed to
the work of our profession through her service to the Special Libraries
Association, Geography and Map Division.  She has served on many Division
committees and held several Division offices, most notably Program Planner
for the 1984 New York annual conference and Chair of the Division in 1985.

Many of us have benefited from Mary's friendship and mentoring throughout
our careers.  Please join me in sending her the best wishes of her colleagues
in the profession.  Those who wish to send her a card or personal note may
address it to:
     Ms. Mary Fortney
     1509 Hinman
     Evanston  IL  60201

Marsha L. Selmer, Map Librarian, University of Illinois at Chicago