From:
Jim Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:12:55 EDT
Sue and everyone,

Are we referring to  the _Historical U.S. County Outline Map Collection
1840-1980_ by the Univ. of Maryland Dept. of Geography?

I have found it kind of helpful, but the usual question we try to answer
with it is "what year did this county separate into those two counties"
or something equivalent, and with this atlas we can only narrowit down to
the nearest decade, because it has just outline maps showing county
boundaries every ten years.

If this is not the atlas you're referring to ... then, never mind.

Jim Coombs
Map Librarian
Southwest Missouri State University