Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 12:54:18 EST
Gee, I don't know how to describe this...and I am totally mystified as to why
I am on their mailing list, but...

A new geographical journal landed on my desk today--perhaps best described as
post-modern geographical humor?

Globehead, journal of extreme geography.
P.O. Box 10376
State College, PA 16805

For information contact  [log in to unmask]

Suggested donations are $9 for individuals; and $25 for institutions.

The laughs I got out of the first issue were definitely worth $9.

Sample articles:
Burritos and Beer in San Francisco: A gastro-spatial survey; the IASBS
Equinational Projection [centerfold map]; Mapping the multiple geographies of
the racist right [maps of KKK in U.S. missed the three retired grand dragons
in Livingston co. MIchigan...according to our local Michigander]; the
Personals column--sample: 920 Mental Help: Depressed? Anxious? Confused? Send
a brief letter detailing your troubles to "The Geographical Cure,"
Globehead!'s exciting new advice column. Anonymity assured by our resident
psychologist/geographer.

Well, now Iknow where I can go for help! Just because a psycho-spatial map of
psychologists/psychiatrists in Manhattan would be solid black, or whatever
color, doesn't mean there is anyone local who can solve Miss Alice's
geographical malaise. How comforting to know someone is out there...