From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:20:04 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:17:38 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: R.Mc. COM. ATLAS & MKTING GUIDE <fwd>
Sender: [log in to unmask]

     Jim is correct about the leasing agreement, but usually when you
     got the latest, you returned the previous, so I would assume that
     HelenJane was not leasing if they still have all those years,
     unless they got that special permission.

     But it seems to me that I read somewhere once that Rand McNally did
     it's own survey of each community each year and that they didn't
     rely on the Census Bureau's population figures. Plus I know you can
     find towns listed in those atlases that don't show up in the census
     volumes. I would keep all those years. Our run only goes back to
     when we stopped leasing. I used to call the Rand McNally librarian
     to check in years back to 1876 that we didn't own for place names
     and/or population, but now that archival collection is at the
     Newberry.
     Arlyn
Arlyn Booth
Map Coordinator
Illinois State Library
300 S. Second, Rm. 305
Springfield, IL 62701-1796
(217) 782-5823
FAX: (217) 782-4446

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian