From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:47:50 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L
Subject: JPEG2000 Image Servers
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

I am trying to gather information on JPEG2000 image  server software.  I
know
something about the MrSID Express Server, which  can handle JP2 images, and
about the application at Princeton, which uses  LuraTech and Aware
software.  I
gather that there are a number of other  companies out there producing
server
software that can handle images in JP2  format, including ER Mapper, Kakadu
Software, and Image Access Solutions.   Has anyone had experience with
these
applications?  Are there any map sites  where I can see them in action?
  Are
there any Web hosting services that  can deliver up images in JPEG2000
format?  I
am looking for something that  works well, requires minimal expertise to
install and maintain, and is  ridiculously inexpensive.  But I would
like to hear
about any successful  applications even if they do not meet all of these
criteria.

David Allen
Stony Brook University (retired)