Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:37:31 -0500
Subject:        Denver after WAML: Geoscience Information workshop/meeting
Date:   Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:10:50 -0400
From:   Miriam Kennard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Dear WAML friends,

Please note that there are 2 events in Denver that you might wish to
consider
extending your WAML stay for:

1)  The Geoscience Information Society sponsored FREE one-day workshop,
"Geoscience Librarianship 101" on Saturday October 27.
Here is a link to pertinent information:

http://www.geoinfo.org/press_releases_current.html

2)  The Geoscience Information Society (GSIS) annual meeting, held
concurrently with
the Geological Society of America (GSA) annual meeting, October 28-31.

GSIS Denver meeting schedule:
http://www.geoinfo.org/2007mtg/2007Schedule.html

GSIS Denver meeting abstracts:
http://www.geoinfo.org/2007mtg/2007Abstracts.html

GSIS/GSA registration and lodging info:
http://www.geosociety.org/meetings/2007/

GSIS Membership application form:
http://www.geoinfo.org/Membership_Form.pdf
(NOTE: you do not have to be a GSIS member to register for the Oct. 27
free workshop)

We encourage your participation in either or both GSIS events!

Sincerely,
Miriam Kennard
Chair
Geoscience Information Society Membership Committee

Miriam Kennard
Librarian
Geological Sciences Library
University of North Carolina