From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:56:05 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 17:54:28 -0500
From: Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MAGERT exhibit help needed--volunteer here (and now)
Sender: Mary McInroy <[log in to unmask]>

Would you like to help staff the MAGERT booth at ALA Annual Conference in
San Francisco, say, a two-hour time slot?

HOURS for EXHIBITS:
             Saturday, June 16--9 AM-5 PM
             Sunday, June 17--9 AM-5 PM
             Monday, June 18--9 AM-5 PM
             Tuesday, June 19--9 AM-1 PM

I will put up our booth on Friday, June 15.  It will be located in the
exhibit area with other ALA sub-divisions and groups.  MAGERT has a folding
table-top display, which will be showcasing some nifty maps of the San
Francisco area, so sometimes attendees will just stop by to look at the
maps.  We'll have some give-away information at the booth also.

Working at the booth entails sitting there during exhibit hours, chatting
with people who stop by, encouraging folks to consider joining MAGERT, and
handing out MAGERT brochures and copies of the MAGERT schedule.

Ideally, we would like the booth staffed at all times the exhibits are
open, but realize that none of us can be in more than one place at
once.  If you could spare a two-hour stint at the booth during the
conference, please consider doing so.  If you want to commit to a specific
time slot, let me know--if you are free for a longer stretch, e. g., Sunday
and Monday from 11-3 and want me to pick your slot, I'll do that also and
let you know quickly.  From the looks of the MAGERT schedule, many MAGERT
events take place either in the convention center or in the Marriott across
the street, which should make it handy to get from booth to meeting, and
vice versa.
PLEASE NOTE:  By working at our booth, you <are> assured of a place to sit
in the exhibit hall and somewhere to tuck your stuff away for a few hours.

I have one offer of help with booth take down, but will always accept other
pairs of hands (very simple and quick work).  I also have the 11-1 slot
filled on Tuesday already.

If you would be willing to help, please check the exhibit hours above and
e-mail me possible times.

Thanks so much.
Mary McInroy for the MAGERT Membership Committee

Mary McInroy
Government Publications Department
and Map Collection
University of Iowa Libraries