From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:09:47 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        searching for scribecoat or scribebase
Date:   Tue, 15 Nov 2005
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]
CC:     [log in to unmask]

Hello,

I am actually a printmaker, not a geographer or cartographer or any "er"
related to maps, but I do have a question of your group.

I am trying to locate a product called scribecoat or scribebase. It was
used by cartographers to scribe lines and create a negative for
reproduction purposes. Hopefully, some of you know what I'm talking about.

Kimoto, one of the major manufacturers, stopped producing it three years
ago. I can't locate anyone else who manufacturers it.

I realize that very few (if any) people are using this stuff anymore.
However, my students have a real need for it. I am pretty desperate after
weeks of researching. Mark Harrower at U of Wisconsin located some in their
cartography lab and is sending it to me.

If anyone has any of this product, or knows someone who has some, I would
be so very appreciative to be in touch. I would love to purchase people's
stock, particularly if it is not being used.

Thanks in advance for any advisement/assistance,

Marnie Powers-Torrey
Book Arts Program
Marriott Library
University of Utah