From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:22:31 -0500
Subject:        AMS/DMA Map Collection
Date:   Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:47:25 +0000
From:   Mary Martin <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello colleagues,

Honnold/Mudd Library has a collection of maps published by the Defense
Mapping Agency. The DMA Depository Program had its origins in the Army
Map Service (AMS); a specific depository program that eventually
enrolled 245 designated libraries. Most materials were maps distributed
during the postwar years; revisions were only occasionally supplied. The
AMS program became the DMA depository program; few shipments were made
in the 1970’s, and the program was discontinued.

We are offering these maps, in addition to the cabinets they are housed
in, to another depository library or government agency. There are
approximately 11 cabinets, with the full collection of maps from the AMS
and the DMA. These maps appear to be held by the National Archives and
are therefore not unique, and we need to dispose of them. Please send
any inquiries to Mary Martin at the email and address below. We will
negotiate shipping charges.

Mary Martin

Data Services Manager

Business, Government & Law Librarian